View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2007, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_sohl
[COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']Get to a JV game and home team is taking infield. Visitors are in outfield throwing warm up. I inform they that while the home team is taking infield they need to be in the dugout for safety. The head coach goes on his rant that the kids need to warm up, I promise him that his kids will get their time to warm up.
First and Foremost the coaches should be well aware of these rules. Just like when FED changed the bat restrictions from -5 to -3.

I do not know if this is the case in your area but from my experience this is what I have found to be a MAJOR problem. Some umpires especially those that fall in the category "I am in it for the money only" couldn't care less what the teams are doing. They show up start the game and go home and that's it.

I have umpired games (towards the end of the season mind you) in which I have checked the bats/ hats and had to throw out at least 2 bats and 1 helmet was cracked.

The response from the coaches:

We have been using those all year long.

Therefore, the main problem you might be encountering is that the majority of umpires who umpired this coaches game did not make him conform to the rules as evidenced by the phone call.

The aforementioned should be brought up in the association meetings.

In addition, your thread falls under the category of such phrases as:

1. Blue you are the only one who called a balk on us all year long.
etc. etc.

If the coach as in your thread is really giving you a hard time, then it's See ya coach you can warm up all day long in the "other" parking lot.

Pete Booth