View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 25, 2007, 08:03pm
Official Forum Member

Buff -

I only do weekend tournys & HS (Fall). Some things that I do (and I'm cheap uh frugal)

Hats - I always spray my hats down with water from a spray bottle to wash the salt stains off after the game or during break (3 man rotation)- they don't look nasty & I store them in one of those $4.00 ball cap things you can use in your dishwasher - helps to keep their shape

Shirts - I do the same as above to get rid of salt stains and hang them from my truck or on a fence with a clothes hanger - then I spray Fabreeze on them. The 1.5 hour break the shirt is dry. I do use at least 2 shirts a day if not more (3) - ITS AN INVESTMENT

Pants - I switch out pants during my off game - so the waist airs out & brush off the legs with a dry cloth napkin or towel (we use gray slacks) on break

Chest Protector - I hang it up with a hanger to get good circ. to dry and spray Fabreeze on that also.

Shoes - Good polish every morning & then a spray of water and a good wipe with a rag after that &/or more polish prior to the 'ship. Both plate & base.

Between Tourny's - I always put my equipment back in the same bin prior to leaving the field - this way I know where it is ALL the time. I wash my own uni's and also put in a bin and place in my truck - so I know I have all my stuff. Since I began this ritual - I never worry if I left something home since most of my tourny's are 2 hours away from my house.

Winter Storage - put all stuff in plastic & covered tubs so you don't find out until spring that mice were living in your base shoes - now you know why the plastic bins LOLOLOLOL

I am sure there are other guys with more expirence that can offer better/additional tips.