View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 24, 2007, 02:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
I thought it was a travel when I first saw it. On the replay i thought it was also, I would like to see it again though. Even if it was, in that situation would you call it? Just a thought...
I taped the game because the Hoyas were playing. I have gone back and watched the play several times. Here are the facts:

1. Green loses the ball on the play so there is no pivot foot that matters until he recovers the ball.

2. Once he recovers the ball, he steps with his LEFT foot, thus his RIGHT foot is his pivot.

3. He now does a reverse pivot with his back to the basket by stepping with his left foot. He finishes the move by lifting his right foot, spinning towards the end line on his left foot, and without ever touching his right foot to the floor jumping off his left foot into the air and making a one-handed shot.

Since the pivot foot was lifted, but not returned to the floor before the ball was released on a try, there was no traveling violation. Good basket, the announcers know nothing, and Georgetown wins!

Last edited by Nevadaref; Sat Mar 24, 2007 at 02:39am.