View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 23, 2007, 03:58pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS59

my question comes after hearing all the talk after that game; and now i'm seeing postings from UT fans about how "unfair" the officiating was, and how the refs "handed the game to OSU." how do you respond to the frequent comments that say refs favor the favorites, or they favor the name players, or even the outlandish stuff like "CBS wants the big names to stay in the tournament."

i know you guys have thick skins and probably learn to just blow off a lot of nonsense, but i'm honestly curious how you respond to those kinds of blanket statements?
You can't respond to blanket statements made by that type of fanboys. They simply will not believe anything that you tell them. You can cite rules from here to next year and it don't make no nevermind to them. We have two choices here. We can ignore 'em completely, or we can make it uncomfortable enough here for them to leave and never come back(hopefully).

Btw, there are fanboys....and there are fanboys. Some are absolutely no problem at all. They are just passionate followers of their favorite team. There's quite a few regular posters on the forum that would fit into that particular bracket, including myself. What this genus of fanboy doesn't do is denigrate and automatically assume that the mean old officials, umpires, etc. are out to deliberately screw their favorite team. This kind of fanboy will debate plays quite hotly at times, but they always remember that the officials in the game they are discussing are human. Humans will miss a call, screw up a call, mess up a rule and ....well....act humanly sometime. Any fanboy of this ilk, and that includes yourself by the questions that you are asking, that comes here asking an honest question without the objective of simply crapping on the officials will usually receive an honest, respectful answer. They should, anyway. The other kind of fanboys however that come here just to dump on officials simply get the respect and the response that they deserve.

Welcome to the forum and please feel free to ask any questions that come into your mind. You know the groundrules now.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Fri Mar 23, 2007 at 04:01pm.