View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 23, 2007, 01:30pm
Official Forum Member

"fanboy" with a question -- and then i'll leave

full disclosure...i am in your lexicon a fanboy. i found this site following a link from the Xavier basketball site. i'm an OSU fan so i had an interest in all the Oden/intentional discussions.

my question comes after hearing all the talk after that game; and now i'm seeing postings from UT fans about how "unfair" the officiating was, and how the refs "handed the game to OSU." how do you respond to the frequent comments that say refs favor the favorites, or they favor the name players, or even the outlandish stuff like "CBS wants the big names to stay in the tournament."

i know you guys have thick skins and probably learn to just blow off a lot of nonsense, but i'm honestly curious how you respond to those kinds of blanket statements? i've yelled at a ref or two in my life, but never did i think that in the split second between seeing something and blowing their whistle they considered who it was, how famous they were, how much money they controlled, etc.

hope my fanboy quotient wasn't too high. i've been in advertising for over 20 years and it always gets on my nerves when others treat it like a hobby that they could do if they just had some extra time.