Thread: What if......?
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 10:44am
9 times

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
[QUOTE
If you were at the door all suited up to go onto the court, guess what, you had taken jurisdiction. You should have charged a technical foul to every player that you saw dunk the ball. Dunking the ball during a dead ball is a safety issue. I think that you blew this one. And I would not care what game management thought. You saw it and did not penalize it.
I absolutely disagree with this statement. We were not on the court, we were in a hallway. If dunking is a safety issue, why is it allowed in games? Other safety items (hard objects on the body, chains, necklaces, earrings, etc.) are banned by rule, but dunking is not addressed.

I am sure that you would have T'd every player that dunked and started the game with 30 foul shots, but I am not you and, thank heavens, have enough common sense to do the right thing. While you believe I blew it, those who evalute our performance at the tournament thought otherwise--I am working the quarterfinals tonight.

BTW, I agree about the game management. I only mentioned it because someone else did.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019