View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 06, 2000, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Did you have a partner in this fun? I've had my share of trouble along the way. I always ask my partner for feedback, and sometimes I get it (a lot of times, it's just "good game".) I had a game recently where my partner was having trouble with his zone (too small, both dimensions) and it made for a rough game. He acknowledged that he'd had a hard time and attributed it to not being willing to call the "high" pitch. If he had asked, I would have told him I thought he needed to widen it too. As it was, I sort of tossed that out, but he wasn't really hearing me; he was still inside his own head, reviewing the game from his own perspective. When I get a lot of grumbling about my zone, I usually do have a problem, either not following the pitches all the way in or squeezing the sides too much. Did both teams complain? Sometimes one is more vociferous, but if my calls are off, there may be an indication from the other side too. If it's just one side, it may be an attitude problem, in which case you probably should have nipped it sooner. But back to my main point, your partner should be able to give you valuable feedback.

------------------