View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 28, 2002, 02:11am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
Quote:
Originally posted by bluezebra
Rev:

This is a basketball forum. I find your proselytizing offensive. Do your preaching elsewhere.

Bob
Frankly, I am shocked and disappointed at this latest development in our community. I come home from watching a very good team play basketball and find you blasting RevRef, who happens to be a friend of mine because of his signature line. I do not think that this is pros...ing, or whatever, I can't even spell it. He does not preach to me or anyone else unless asked to and this is not what he is doing by having this signature, THAT IS WHAT HE BELIEVES. Like it or not, deal with it. You wanna pick a fight with the Rev, pick it here, bud.
OK - what if his (or anyone else's) signature was "Your worst call? Trust Christ today."

How would you feel then? Offended? Would you not say something about it? I can't believe there wouldn't be lots of comments about how inappropriate and offensive it was to many people.

BTW - because of lack of punctuation, your post implies that RevRef is a friend of yours because of his signature line. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way and I just wanted to try to be fair and stop anyone else from making an issue of it just because of a minor error, which we all do sometimes. I'm not being sarcastic here - really - just trying to show some balance. I don't like to get involved in anything personal on this forum, but like others, I would like to stick to basketball and reserve religion for a different venue. That's all I meant.