Thread: What if......?
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 27, 2002, 10:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Very, very different.

Quote:
Originally posted by daves

This is a basketball forum. I find your proselytizing offensive. Do your preaching elsewhere.

Bob [/B]
Zebra,
I find your criticism of rev's signature line offensive. Why no criticism when people write Peace or Whack em or any of the many other signature lines that people have? If you don't like what his signature line is saying then ignore it. Don't slam the man for what he believes. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why do you have to bring my signature into this. I think the offensiveness is quite different here. He is talking about a religous belief. "Peace" is just saying goodby. I think the too are quite different. I may not agree with the idea that the Rev's signature is offensive, but I do understand. Religion is a personal thing, and many people do not want to have beliefs pushed on them. What youw some of you say if someone said, "All peace to Allah." How many here would get offended or try to suggest something that is not there?

Free speech only has to do with the government and certain entities that are directly affected by the government. This forum might not be the place for that. Remember we do have people here of many religions and beliefs. But then again, I really do not see the big deal either. But Blueref has the right to find it objectionable. I believe in Christ too, but I do not think this is the place for that either.

But then again, I am just one person.

Peace