View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2007, 03:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheRef
I know that thread was over 4 years ago, and I'm not sure if the below quote was in the rulebook at that time, but rule 2-4 Art. 5 specifically states that we should address uniform and sportsmanship to the coaches prior to the game, so the pre-game is usually a good place to do this. I'm assuming that this has always been in the book, because I've beeen saying it for at least 5 years now, and heard before then.
Some states might have had guidelines that the rulebook did not at that time. Our state had us talking about these sportsmanship and other pre-game procedures before the NF made any directive. In some cases we had things we did a year or two before the NF adopted the rule or policy. I believe at the time of this thread there were no such NF rules that applied to what you say or not say in the pre-game meeting. My state also had a person on the NF Committee and it was clear that many things discussed filtered from discussions the NF Committee was having. So what you were doing has little if not anything to do with what the rules said.

Peace