View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 17, 2007, 11:25pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down UCLA coach at the end of the game

Did you see the UCLA coach at the end of the game 2nt? I had it on tape and have rewinded it several times to make sure my descriptions are accurate. Two times he was definitely distracting the inbound passer. The first time, with 36.5 seconds left and UCLA up by 2 Indiana is inbounding the ball on the endline and about 3 feet from the sideline. The coach has a foot one foot from the endline as he is waving both hands and gyrating his body to let his player know what to do. As the ball is about to be inbounded, he starts waving his downfloor hand in a way that appears he was even breaking the plane of the sideline. His defender on the ball deflected the ball OOB’s about 8 feet up the sideline. So what does he do, move up the sideline, again being in the way of the inbound pass. He could have stayed where he was the first time and been behind the play, but he went and stood on the downfloor side of the inbounder and had his foot less than one foot from the passer and had a hand up which was less than 3 feet from the passer. To make it worse, you can see on the replay that he was looking at and yelling at the player inbounding the ball. The pass was intercepted by UCLA.

I thought it was total BS and I think the official should have had him either sit down or be MUCH further away. I don’t know if he didn’t see it or just didn’t do anything about it but I hope it was the former and not the latter. I sure looks like the coach knows exactly what he is doing which really ticks me off. Very poor sportsmanship! If you have a tape of the game, watch it and you will see that I am not exaggerating in anything I said. I would hope it gets addressed by someone.

In case you are wondering, I am in NO WAY and Indiana fan, in fact I was routing against them.