View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 16, 2007, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I disagree.....
Rule:4-27-5. If, however, a player approaches an opponent from behind or from an a position from which he/she has no reasonable chance to play the ball without making contact with the opponent, the responsibility is on the player in the unfavorable position.

Did the defender approach from behind, hmmmmmmmm nope not as I recall....Did he have a reasonable chance to play the ball, yeah I am saying he did, since it went right by his forehead....However being well coached he knew better than to reach for the ball and maybe committ a foul. He stood his ground (granted he didn't have to stand it long LOL ) and took a charge. A charge which was the right call, at the right time, supported by video, and all pertinent rules.....the one about him approaching from behind not withstanding...Thank goodnes OS wasn't officiating the game, he may have come out with an intentional foul for the block because the player with the ball started dribbling at the top of the key, and therefore has the right to a clear path to the basket, and thus the defender was fouling to negate an obviously advantageous position.....at least that is how the OSNBA (OS never been attagame) wants it called LOL