View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 16, 2007, 11:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
I'm not sure where Old School keeps getting this idea that RookieDude was "unsure" of his call...he posted the video and asked opinions. He's a good official and wanted to learn and help others learn - that doesn't mean he was unsure of his call...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude
JR...you are so right! (on all counts) It was a close one...and it was my game and my call.

You can freeze-frame it if you put the pointer on the moving "slide-ball"...after viewing it I felt a little better. I see the defender having both feet set a fraction of a second before the dribbler becomes an airborne shooter.

I couldn't see no-calling it either...both players on the ground, something had to be called, IMO. (Add insult to injury...5th foul on dribbler...he doesn't get to even play in the OT) Also, isn't it Fed philosophy if an official has a close "block/charge" call and isnt' sure...go with the charge?
Quote:
Secondly, the whole concept of unfavorable position does NOT apply to a player who has established lgp...so using it as an argument in this scenario is really weak...but then, so are most of his arguments.
I disagree.....