View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 04:17pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philz
But if you saw one of my replies I also mentioned I played and coached also and have said stuff out of frustration
Just because you said similar things when you were playing or coaching doesn't make them ok. Asking a ref if he has something against a particular kid, or even his team, is questioning his integrity. It's not a comment made out of frustration; it's calculated, IMO. I caught that part, I just don't think it's relevant. I used to travel every now and then when I played, but I still call it now.
Quote:
He also caught the part on how I mentioned the game went great up to that point, close all the way, no complaints just a good close clean game (local championship) and I just couldnt see firering up the whole gym ( at least 300 people) with a few seconds left when it was something between me and the coach and only a couple people may have heard. I will say it did piss me off like no other comment all year.
Again, it's not relevant. IMO, his comments here earned the T regardless of what had transpired before. Being nice to you all game doesn't give them a license to go over the line.
Quote:
But when I went home, grab a beer and jumped in my hot tub I felt good about it but woundered what other Refs would have done.
99% of us would call the T.
Quote:
By the way I'm not that new a Ref. I've been Officiating for 10 years, mostly Armed Forces adult and youth Rec leagues as its all I had a chance to do since I was in the military for 22 years, I just started NJBL this year and loved it. I got selected to do the district championship last sunday ( 3 man, that was cool) and would love to do High School again (only did 1 year) and college would be a dream. Learned more this year then any and alot from this forum....thanks
Welcome to the forum.