View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones
The posts about the ground rule - or lack of ground rule - double prompted me to somehow remember a little thing I had flash through my mind Tuesday morning while in the throes of 41.5 hours without sleep (long story).
Are you gonna tell the story?

Quote:
Anyway...
How many of you walk the field before a game or tournament?

I'm not the caped crusader of walking fields, but I will walk a field (with my partner if present) if it is the first time I am at a field. If nothing else, I walk the infield and make sure the bases are in the right place and they are secure (a nice little kick is often a good security check).
Well, indeed every "new ground" needs to be seen before the game. I also walk with my partners before we go to the lockerroom at (semi)finals.
And now in the cold spring (we've got about 10C in the Neth.'s) during practice-games, I walk the field while warming-up... (and don't care if my partner is walking with me; it's my warming-up and if (s)he doesn't need it so be it...)

Quote:
...I know practically all of you lead busy lives and if you can get to a site 30 minutes before a game takes something slightly short of a miracle...
At the weekend games I'm normally about an hour before the game starts present. Only traffic can make me late...
When / if I'm working an evening game (mon - fri) I'm also trying to be present at least 45 min. before the game starts. If I know that it will be difficult, I'll try to leave my work earlier... (and still be there on time!) Once I've got the wrong time in my head, it was a big misstake and I was very ashamed (as I should be!!!)!!!

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?