View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 14, 2007, 10:02am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
1) God gave me a brain and the ability to reason.

2) I am in disagreement with the Fed. on this rule, if this is in fact the rule. In my games, I will not allow a secondary defender, to run up under a player who is about to go airborne. I consider that, [I][U]too big of an advantage to the defense.

3) And finally, we talk about habitual motion. When is the player in the act of shooting. Once the player starts his H/M, he is now in the act of shooting. Defensive player runs underneath him, easy block call. Offensive player is allowed to return to the floor.

4) In this stitch, he got lucky making that call.

5) However, I do not believe that my analogy is horse manure because another association agrees with me too, and I know they don't want that called an offensive foul in college men's. Restricted area, lower block to the basket, especially if the play originates from the top, which this play did.
1)

2) You and Btaylor......

3) If you owned a basketball rule book...any basketball rule book....you would have known that "habitual motion" and an "airborne shooter" are completely different concepts. You would also have known that "habitual motion" is completely irrelevant in this or any play as to whether it was a block or a charge.

4) Yup, lucky ol' RookieDude.

5) What other association agrees with you? Please name the association.

To sum up, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Again.