View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 13, 2007, 10:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLguy
I was at the Twins/Cardinals spring game this afternoon and noticed that the few times that the plate umpire needed to clean off the plate, he kicked the dirt off with his shoes.
All I could think was that he forgot to put his brush into his bag ! I doubted that a major league umpire would do that as a result of being lazy.
I have forgotten to bring some gear/equipment with me to a few games over my 50 year career.
The goofiest was leaving my shoes at home and working a game behind the plate with my LL Bean Camp Mocs on !!
Please don't tell me someone here forgot the most important male umpire gear and took a foul ball/passed ball in the "tender spot" ??

No, but I did have to borrow one once after promising I would wash it after I was through!.

I did get a laugh at the expense of a partner once. About the third inning of a baseball game he realized he forgot to install his shinguards. I shouldn't have laughed though. A few weeks later in the second game of a DH, I finally noticed (I was BU) my legs were a bit heavy.