View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 26, 2002, 01:54am
Official Forum Member

bktballref--in the prescribed situation the travel call is judgement, the tip from the defensiveman negates the violation. the calling official more than likely did not see the tip and therefor judged it a violation. also we as officials are not coming to the calling official changing the call. we would be giving additional information to the calling official and allowing him to change the call. if we were to do this when ever we thought our partners made a judgement mistake our credibility would be shot. coming to our partner in the first scenario, it would be a game saver and good for the game. coming in to question judgement in your scenario would not be good for the game. (as mentioned earlier "use big picture officiating")

physicsref--i see what you are saying, coming with a question instead of a statement. the reason i would come to my partner as described is because it seems to portray more confidence. if someone were to come to me with a question-my perception would be to doubt you and even think that you doubt yourself. but you may be presenting a better way to approach someone. i guess it depends on personalities. this is a good thought!