View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2002, 10:27pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Slider
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
As Mark T. DeNucci has shown in his posts about climbing on top of another player and then dunking, this is two T's. Whether I would actually assess two is another story (in NF - tossing a kid for this action
Maybe shown to you, but not to me :-)

There are numerous instances in the rules where we only call the one part of a foul (the initial or the ultimate infraction).

For instance, during a live ball, A1 pushes B1, as the push is completed, A1 immediately follows up with a punch.

How many of you call two fouls?

If you wanted to divide time into little self-contained boxes, you could call two or more fouls on almost every foul.

The answer to your question is a no brainer: There are a lot of us would call two fouls in your play. The pushing foul by A1 caused the ball to become dead. After the ball became dead, A1 decided to commit a flagrant technical foul.

I do not know if you could call two or more fouls on almost every foul, but yes you can divide time into little self-contained boxes, it is called discrete mathematics. As a structural engineer, physicsref will help me out here because the dividing of time into increments is more in his field and not mine.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio