Thread: Situation
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2007, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
I'm U3. Runner on second. Pitcher pitches the ball which the catcher misses but throws down to third to get the runner who is stealing. I call "out" as I seen a tag on R2 before before he got to the bag. 3B coach decides he is going to have a word about it, then one of the coaches on the offensive team decides he is going to to yell at me from the third base dugout; yelling "You missed that call, you know it, and everyone else here knows it." I stay at my position at 3B.

Would you do anything in that situation?
Ok Dan... I didn't answer your question directly, so here it is:

This is one of those times that, as an umpire, you know somebody's gonna disagree with your call. As long as the offending party is not "all up in your grill" (is that how it goes?), let it slide. Comments from the dugout unless they're extreamly offensive, should go un-noticed by you. It doesn't matter if your U6 in the outfield, they just want to have the last word, let em. Remember, everyone at the ballpark has an opinion, but your's is the only one that counts.

Relax- have fun.