Thread: Dunk dead ball
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 10, 2007, 10:40am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac
Here in Connecticut, we had an infamous, dead ball dunk back in the early 1980's. It was a long time ago, so I'm a little "fuzzy" regarding some of the specifics:

I believe it was Springfield College at Southern Connecticut State College, two NCAA division II teams. The game went right down to the last second, and after the final buzzer sounded, one of the players on the "winning" team dunked the ball to celebrate, before the officials had approved the final score and left the confines of the court. A technical foul was called, and the "losing" team went on to win in either regulation or overtime.

I can't remember which team actually won, or whether the game was won in regulation or overtime. I'm sure that some Forum members will be more than willing to fill in some of the facts in my "fuzzy" recollection.
Do you recall if there was any rule changes after this incident?

I'm seeing a lot of inappropriate things going on now after the big DI games on TV. Guys pulling their jersey's out/off, etc., etc. I find it amazing how on this forum, we are expected to get every little stitch correct but it is not being enforced at the highest level and when I try to inject common sense into it (what is being done at the highest levels) I am shot down like I'm the enemy.

Interesting, there must be something in the kool-aid.