View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 07, 2007, 11:12am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
I couldn't imagine a system where the AD/coach deals directly with the officials. I've got experience in 3 sports and each of those three, across the province, uses the official <--> assignor <--> school model.

Weather is quite possibly more of a concern here than most places in the US. I've never had a lacrosse game cancelled or altered. I couldn't tell you when I've had a basketball game changed. (But it has happened; maybe 3-4 times in my career.) Football? Rarely as well. Game mgmt phones or e-mails our assignor, who tells us.

In fact, our football assignor has a Blackberry (I in fact live in the same city as RIMs offices), so he can forward e-mail info from whereever he is. We all know to keep an eye on e-mail if weather is very bad.
I did not say I live in a model where I have to deal with ADs. In most of my games I deal almost entirely with assignors. And now more and more games are assigned completely online. I would still contact the ADs because I am the one responsible for getting to games. ADs also have access to our contact information through out state website and through our any assignor we work for. I worked the last two weeks of playoff games and our information was released to the schools (the state assigns all post-season games) and I had both ADs email or call me about details. If they did not contact me, I would have contacted them. There are things I want to know and I am responsible for I do not expect an assignor to be on top of or even know about.

Peace