View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 08:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
The beauty of our system is that we don't have to worry about most of the specifics that you have listed.
1. Our pay is handled by the association. We bill each school district in bulk for their games, the districts send one check to the association, and then the association treasurer deposits those and cuts our individual checks from one central association account every couple of weeks. Thus the schools don't need to know our names for pay.
2. Game times are posted and updated on the computer. When the computer is changed you receive an email from the system.
3. Partners are posted on the computer.
4. I live in the Sierras and I seriously doubt that weather is more of a concern where you are than here. Have you heard of the Donner party or Squaw Valley where the 1960 Winter Olympics were held? We service five schools up at Lake Tahoe. If a game is cancelled due to weather the schools contact the assignor and he calls the officials. We all have cell phones. Over the years we have become quite good at watching the forecasts and making decisions a few hours in advance, so that the word can get to those as necessary.

Our methods seem to work rather well.
For those of us who aren't consumed with worry over re-living the Donner experience (and don't live in perpetual fear that an AD might want to contact us) our methods work just as well.

AD wants to contact me? Sure, why not. No one is gonna try and eat our dead bodies, so there's no need to hide.