View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 06:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
Nope. We never have any contact with the school until we show up for the games. It keeps things simple and removes a potentially large conflict of interest. The schools provide their entire schedule and changes to one contact (assignor) who takes care of any and all communications about the game to the officials. The school have no need to keep track of who is on the game and the officials have no need to confirm anything with the schools. The partners only confirm with each other 1-3 days before the game. The system works nearly flawlessly except when a school forgets to request officials for a night (which wouldn't be any differnet in areas that do direct contact).
I am not contacting the school to give out Christmas cards. I am in contact with the school to make sure the game starts at the right time, I am on their schedule for the game, I park in the proper spot if need be, I know who is greeting me or do they need specific information to fill out a check.

Also there are very few problems with most assignors I work for. But there are times when someone makes an honest mistake and the proper people (including myself) were not contacted for the changes.

Peace