View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 24, 2002, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

The Crazy End to my season

Although this might not be the last game I work, it will be the last one at my college.

Of course, this happens during a televised game (not nationally, but I did have a problem during our ESPN game) so that commentators and idiotic fans at home can also think I screwed up.

Opening tip gets bounced around, and eventually ends up in a tie-up. Referee signals that there will be another toss, so I undo the arrow. Blue then gets the ball, so I set the arrow toward white's basket.

About two minutes into the half, blue shoots, wedgie, AP arrow - white ball. Nothing more in that half.

At halftime, I converse with the ref, we determine blue's ball, and switch the arrow.

Coming out of the half, an assistant coach for white comes over to the table and asks me "it's our ball, right?" I tell him no, it's blue's.

"But you told me it was our ball!"
"No, I didn't."

I then proceded to explain about the wedgie to the coach and the refs. Refs knew what was going on, but our coach had asked the visiting scorer, who had forgotten to record the wedgie.

Sometimes, I wonder who is stupider - coaches or cheerleaders?