View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 06, 2007, 06:56am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You're welcome to your opinion. However, we've been told directly to control this behavior the way I did it. Also, regardless of what you say, he wasn't under my skin. But, again, if you want to think I let him get to me, that's your right. I know better, because I was there and I know how calm I was. The T worked, both coaches settled down the rest of the game and we had a very cordial chat afterwards (standard in AAU ball).
Nice try Snags with a "G", if he didn't get under your skin, why didn't you give him a warning? That's enough coach! Probably would have accomplished the same thing and got you even more respect without having to issue a technical. Since you want to talk about lessons learned. For the listening audience, is it better in your opinion, to address a potential problem situation using game management or just issuing a T? Better yet, if you're the assigner or coach, because let's face it, coaches have a voice too, who do you think will get the nod to move further, the quick draw T calling official or the official who applies good game management skills and doesn't have to issue a T to get his point across? Just thought I throw that in for food for thought. Not bad for a classic troll, uh!