Thread: UNC/Duke Game
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 05, 2007, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibumgardner
2. After watching it a couple of times, it appears that Les Jones' whistle blew on the first foul (on #51 for Duke), then there was the situation with Henderson. I probably would have done the same thing that they did (ignore the foul on #51). Does this fall under the false multiple foul? So, if they had called both fouls (common and flagrant) how would they have been administered?
Well, we'll never know if the L was going to call a foul on #51 unless he decides to give an interview about the game.

I did, however, see the play as a foul by 51 followed by the shot to the nose by Henderson. Had the officials chosen to penalize both sets of contact, we would have had a personal foul on #51, followed by a flagrant TECHNICAL on Henderson.

In the game itself, the foul on Henderson was a flagrant personal foul. Based on the statement that the referees put out after the game, I have to assume that it was a flagrant personal foul for fighting - which is why they were able to make the call after going to the monitor.