View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 27, 2007, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fonzzy07
This was football but happened to me. 7th grade about 5.5 years ago I got my thumb caught in a facemask and both went to the ground. When I was able to pull it out my thumb just flopped back behind onto the top of my hand. For some reason I was in no real pain just some normal pain but after a trip to the Emergency room I found out I had a break and cut the main tendon that runs from the wrist into the thumb in half along with the other tendons. 3 months after surgry and hours of physical therapy, yes they happen to have hand therapists my thumb was strong as heck but I still could not move it. They finnaly found out after sticking the needle that had some kind of mic in it up and done my arm and hand like 25-30 times that the nerves were not shooting right, well after one more surgry and lots more PT I got back full use of my thumb. O yeah did I mention I am one of the only people in the world with a perfectly straight thumb, no more natural curve because of how they had to set things in the first surgury.