View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 27, 2007, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I want to know, what is profanity? Profanity means different things to different people. Is the word "Damn" a profanity that needs an ejection? Is the term "Jesus Christ" deserve an ejection? Is when someone says, "Pissed" require an ejection?

I am not saying this to start a major debate. I am saying this because it is very clear that we will all never agree with profanity is. I might have a player call me a name that is not at all considered profanity, but might result in an ejection because it has other meaning that are more direct or personal. This is why I do not have a "one size fits all" solution.
You've hit it. Just what is profanity to you may not be to me. Now in the case cited - "Whack" is all I can say. When it was said during the course of the game would not matter to me. In fact one of the few "T's" I called this year was with 26 seconds left in the game. It didn't change the result but it was earned.

If a player curses (something less than the "F" bomb) to themselves about their own failure and only they and I hear it I usually give a verbal warning to watch the language.