View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 24, 2007, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Got a problem here. You confirm that the score was wrong and you didn't correct it? And you shook your head at the coach afterwards! What the hell! However, I agree with you calling the game after all the violations that occurred afterwards. No need in playing out the last few seconds if the technicals are against the team that's down. Thank goodness nothing happened to you with all the mess going on here. If I could add any input, you can't let things fester. You have to get an understanding / ending to a problem. Does the book match the scoreboard? If it does, the score is correct and you've done your part. The issue is now closed!

Unbelievable ending....
Sorry, that was a typo. I confirmed with the scorekeeper that the score was correct.

I'm still torn as to if I did the right thing - maybe just because I feel bad for the kids on Team B that really didn't do anything wrong, but I know that shouldn't influence my decision.

In my opinion, the game was completely out of hand, and neither Team B's coach nor his players were listening to anything we were saying or doing. They were, in the truest sense of the phrase, out of control and I didn't feel like there was anything I could do to reel them in.