View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 02:07pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81artmonk

Having posted here a few times, and gotten some pretty good help from some nice people I still am wondering something. the majority of the answers I have gotten have been in general like this " that is a judgement call, how can we give a definite answer" or, " Your viewpoint is different than the refs, and not knowing how things accually went down we can't give a clear answer"
The overwhelming response is that most of the situations in a game are judgement calls and since most of what I have heard is that you really cannot get into the head of another ref and define something, what exactly is this forum for it not for asking questions?? I was just wonderin'
You can't expect us to judge whether or not a call MAY be correct based on your recollection of a play. What you see is not necessarily what another person saw. Shoot, here's a play that was posted on this site (You make the call....) where we all got the same view as a forum yet we still did not come to a consensus as to what the call should be. And even though the majority said it should have been a foul, the official who was right on the top of the play and had a split second to make a decision JUDGED it not to be a foul. How can we sit in the comfort of our ergonomically designed computer chairs and criticize that official? We weren't on the court with the same view so we don't know what HE SAW.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Feb 23, 2007 at 04:37pm.