View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81artmonk

Having posted here a few times, and gotten some pretty good help from some nice people I still am wondering something. the majority of the answers I have gotten have been in general like this " that is a judgement call, how can we give a definite answer" or, " Your viewpoint is different than the refs, and not knowing how things accually went down we can't give a clear answer"
The overwhelming response is that most of the situations in a game are judgement calls and since most of what I have heard is that you really cannot get into the head of another ref and define something, what exactly is this forum for it not for asking questions?? I was just wonderin'
It certainly is for asking questions, but here's the thing. If you recount a particular play, and ask whether there should be a foul, it's almost impossible to say, as we didn't see the play. What this forum, IMO, is about, is getting the rules straight. Say you have an odd play, and you want to know how the rules should be applied to a certain situation. Or let's say you have a question about mechanics. This is the place to ask it.

The people here are great, and will help you whenever they can. Sometimes, though, a call is purely judgement (like whether a foul was just a common foul or an intentional foul) and it's very unlikely that you'll find someone on here who will definitely say that it's one or the other without having seen the play in person.