View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 23, 2007, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny mulkey
Any help that you could give me with this play would be greatly appreciated.

Have been calling throughout the playoffs with 2 young lower level Men's offcials, while I am, at best, an old timey high school offcial. I want to be able to discuss this play without appearing to be even more old timey that I am.

A1 is dribbling up the tableside sideline toward his frontcourt
I am T
B1 and B2 are ready to trap once A1 gets into the frontcourt
When A1 gets into his frontcourt, he uses a screen by A2 to dribble alongside the division line
B3 comes over to create a closely guarded situation
I am in the backcourt and stay on the play/ count until A1 picks up dribble, he is past the opposite free throw lane line extended
When A1 picks up dribble, I am standing in the center circle.
I go offball and I notice that L has rotated and that we have no coverage whatsoever in the tableside half of the court

I have about 3 questions with this play:

1. How far over from the sideline do you go to indicate that you still have a count?
2. If you were the L, would you initiate a rotation with your T in this position?
3. If a turnover occurred, what would you expect from your L if he has rotated?
That is still your area of coverage. You can come over at least to the middle of the court to referee that play. The C can help you out from the back side and the Lead should stay where he is, in close down mode, ready to rotate. If I was the lead, I probably wouldnt rotated because the new trail would have to bust his but to get to the endline.