Thread: It's FAN-tastic
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 22, 2007, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Ref12
Junker, what are the pitching restrictions in the baseball all-star game? Out of all the sports, I've always enjoyed baseball's all-star game the best. It's classy, they always spend time paying tribute to legends of the game and it's high quality because there's the home-field advantage at stake now.

The point of an all-star game is not to, as the NBA does, see how many highlight plays you can have in one game, but to answer the question "Man, how good of a game would that be if you got the game's best players all on the same court/field for one game." The NBA doesn't do that because no one really cares that much about the outcome.
There are no real restrictions, but you have starter coming in after an inning or 2 and such. Then there was a couple of years ago when they called the game because neither team had enough pitchers to go extra innings. That was what I was trying to address. Of all the all-star games, I agree that baseball does the best job, but it still doesn't really get me going as a fan.