View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 21, 2007, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkeii
Maybe I'm in the minority. Might does not make right, nor is the majority always right. And the little backstabs ("I think this is what this is from..." or "He just does intramural stuff...") are neither appreciated nor appropriate. I am honestly trying to understand how otehr officials can justify ignoring what I (and other officials watching) feel are fouls, or just are obvious fouls or violations.
Yes, you are in the minority in this topic.

The majority isn't always wrong, either.

A little more academic honesty on your part would be more appreciated as well. Instead of pretending to pose an a question seeking an answer, next time just state what you want. It took six pages until you finally posted what was really bugging you. Simple answer--life.

I work with a few guys who I truly feel don't call enough fouls and let kids play too often--and I tell them so. However, their judgment is different than mine. They also take a lot of heat from coaches because they come across as very inconsistent, or worse, just there for a paycheck. That's life. Instead of trying to change everyone else, stick to your convictions and do things the way you want to. If you are consistent with what you do on the court and know the rules, and work hard, I would work with you any day of the week.