View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 21, 2007, 08:19am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthB
1. The method advocated by rei has been taught at several NCAA level camps I have attended. You may think that it "sucks" if you'd like, but it is one that is used by many at that level. The method I learned from Evans was to judge by the motion of the body, not the bat. I'm sure that "sucks", too.

2. I know rei. I know he has not exaggerated the level of ball he works.

3. I am highly amused reading posts attempting to correct or educate rei written by some who have not and will not reach the level he works.

4. I am equally amused by some who have posted elsewhere, "If I go to my partner right away, he gives me what he has, but if I hesitate or repeat my call, he damn well better give me what I have"; but now insist they would never expect a certain response.

5. Welcome aboard, rei.
That's all well and good, but why would someone come on board and be so, well, inflammatory?

And frankly, who cares? If a coach/catcher asks for an appeal, I go to my partner. If he rings it up, I change the indicator accordingly. It's a freaking strike. If I have a weak partner and he clearly kicks a call at first, do I run in and save the day? And hell, that's an OUT we're talking about.

I'm happy you can vouch for his experience and the level of ball he works. Good on him. I won't ever work (or aspire to work as long as I live in the hinterlands of baseball) at a level where I can say I work "at a level" so that doesn't matter much to me.