View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 20, 2007, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Somehow I doubt that statement...so you are Lead as A4 shoots a long three. B5 rebounds and throws a quick outlet to B1 who races up the sideline...all of that took about 2 seconds max - and you counted? I don't think so...
If you're asking if I've ever missed a 10-second count, yes, I have. Especially in an instance such as this one.

But, I do make a concerted effort to do the 10-second count no matter what the situation. And, I would consider missing the count in your example as a faux pas. A minor one, of course, but I try to be exact.

My point is that if you don't START the count correctly, you can NEVER finish it correctly or accurately. And you really never know what is going to happen in certain situations. As I said before, I could assume that the player with the ball is going to cross half court in plenty of time, but what do you do when the unexpected trap occurs, or the ball bounces of his foot and rolls away from him and the defense collapses or...or...or. Better to be safe than sorry.

ETA: I can understand what I implied by my earlier post. It should have read that I make a concerted effort to do the 10-second count every time, no exceptions. Sometimes you miss stuff, though. That's life.