View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 20, 2007, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

It depends on the situation. If it was an officials error, i.e. giving the ball to the wrong team for inbound, then I have no problem explaining that to the coaches.

A possible error on a judgement call is a different. By definition it's subjective, and the judgement that counts is that of the official. Mistooks happen, and you need to remember that hindsight is always 20/20. We've all been in situations where we've second guessed our initial call, but one thing I've learned is that my initial call is usually correct. Trust your gut instincts. If there was a question at the time it occurred, then you need to get together with your partner immediately & decide what the call will be - travel or foul. Once the decision is made, it's done, and you move on from there.

Regardless of whether or not there was an error in the call, the coach's subsequent behaviour was completely unjustified. He deserved both T's and the resulting ejection, although it would have probably been better if your partner had issued the 2nd one. His expletive before leaving should also be in your ejection report.