View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 20, 2007, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

Out thought myself

Classic blarge last night. I was the T. Guy strong to the basket...C and L both have whistles...neither knows it, neither really looks at the other--one signals block, one charge--then they look at each other. Both try to now defer to the other but it is too late as the entire gym sees them.

Then I decide to make matters worse. :-) (I figure that we all tell the good stories, why not share our own mistakes...in fact I learn better from my mistakes as then I don't repeat them). Anyhow, I had been reading and re-reading all the rules and Case Book plays and I then confused the case book for a false-double foul with the ruling for the block/charge double foul.

In the case book, if A1 makes the basket and A1 is called for a charge and B1 called for a block, you count the try as the double foul takes away the player control foul. Then you go to POI which is a throw in for Team B.

However, if B1 fouls A1 while shooting, and then A1 charges into B2, this creates a false double foul. If the basket is made the 2 points are cancelled due to the player control foul and 2 shots are awarded with the lane cleared and B will get the ball at the POI.

Well, put those 2 together and you get what I did. We shot 2 free throws and then went with the arrow. I DID IT ALL WRONG. It is one of those plays where you feel the spidey-sense warning you but ignore it anyhow. Anyways, I explained it all to my partners before reporting it, but I think they were still shell shocked from the blarge to say anything.

Anyway--just don't do what I did. You should all know now. :-)