View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 10:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignats75
I am a little surprised at how few T's people have issued. In reading this forum all season, the veterans were pretty vocal about having the cajones to issue T's when necessary. I consider myself pretty patient, yet I have issued eight this year. To see the 1's and 0's, leads me to believe that we may be too tolerant of some behavior which leads to the deterioration of standards that some have lamented about this year.
Giving Ts is not the end all be all of officiating. Giving Ts is only a small part of our job. Many veterans know how to deal with unruly coaches and players where we do not have to give as many Ts. It also helps when you see some of the same coaches over and over again as the years go by. The coaches know what they are going to expect and they act accordingly. I know I am a much better listener (or I make it seem that way) than I was when I first started. Also understand that veteran coaches also are totally different. Two of my 3 on the list of my Ts this year were to a freshman coach in the same night which resulted in an ejection, my first in 11 years. A lot of my T numbers would be much lower if I did not have to deal with an inexperienced coach that liked to yell about everything.

Peace