View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 19, 2007, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
Dave if you would understand English, re-read what you just quoted. I did not say "acting accordingly", I said "acting appropriately." And to add to that, they should be dealt with as such when needed.
Good god, boy, are you on drugs?

My question to you is WHERE IS THE BEEF? What does "dealt with accordingly" mean, son? Give examples, be specific. That's the only way anyone here can help you.

My suspicion is that you think dealing "accordingly" with game participants who behave inappropriately means ejecting those participants. Your lack of willingness to listen and learn the finer points of game management, instead just throwing out general bromides about being in charge and dealing accordingly with inappropriate behavior, is probably what caused your assignor (as well as Andy Konyar, if I recall your story correctly) to suggest that you should take a year off from umpiring.

I know you're an adolescent, but you appear to remain more child than man at this point in your life, and umpiring at any serious level is an adult job. You need to gain some maturity, some significant improvement in your communicative skills, and a better balance between confidence, which is a good thing but you have more than you've earned, and humility, which is also a good thing and you have almost none.