Thread: Big Mistake
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

Usually when I'm the R, I go as close to the table that I need to and ask the official score are we okay with score, after getting an acknowledgment, I'm high tailing it to the dressing room.

IF the officials (all 3) left the confines of the playing court, after the final horn sounds, is that game officially over? Not being there, maybe that R looked at the table and didn't see anyone waving him over, maybe got a thumbs up or whatever, and jetted. Once they leave the confines, the game should be over. WHAT IF... the score was incorrect and they found an error that gave the other team a victory, and they are in the locker room, do you handle it the same way? Official book wrong, let's change the outcome?

The books says the referee should check and approve the score at the end of each half, which I do verbally. I'm asking all of this under the pretense of THE OFFICIALS are in the dressing room when the tie error was found. If the R screwed up and got a half a$$ approval on the score and hauled butt back to the dressing room, what do you then, play the OT?