Thread: Call it or not?
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 16, 2007, 08:03am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingandamiss
3 man crew, I am U1. High School Varsity tourney. Team A is ahead by 10, less than 2 minutes left. They do the old 4 corners, spread the court and pass the ball around. B1 follows the ball, running from player to player, trying to commit a foul, but Team A gets rid of the ball each time before he gets there, he gives up each time and does not make contact with any of Team A's players. I have no call, no contact, no foul. B1 finally slams into A4, hard, in R's area, he calls foul. We shoot the ft's, game ends, we go to dressing room. My R, vet, IAABO of 9-10 years says, "You gotta call that. They want the foul." I say no contact, no foul. He tells me I have to call it because if I don't things get out of hand. I disagree, U2 agrees with me and we get into a pretty heated argument in the dressing room. Now we have to go back out and call 4 more games , in about 30 minutes. So, do I call the foul or not? I still say no contact, no foul.
So in the cases where the no contact is in your primary, you have no contact, and the R wants a foul?

Seems to me he wants you to call a T.