View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 10:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splute
No, I have no rose colored glasses on that. I wanted to know how prepared those in the know would say I would be in three months if I really worked hard. I do not want to waste the instructors or other participants time. If I needed to wait longer and attend other classes then that is what I would do.

Thanks for all the responses guys.
I am sure you have soaked in a lot of knowledge this past year. Learning everything you can is certainly important - learning how to officiate will take a long, long time. Going to camps can certainly help that. I hope you aren't going to a D1 camp or anything that will overwhelm you. Who knows though, you may be a prodigy! No one can say "when" you "get" it - it just happens through years of hard work and study. After you "get" it - that's when you realize that you don't know JACK about officiating! Like someone said earlier, I try to learn new stuff all the time. Don't loose the ability to learn and never think you are better than you really are - if you are patient, you'll become a good official - good luck.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.