View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 16, 2002, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TXMATTHEW05
Quote:
WOW! I've never seen a game with 132 points in the first quarter! What was the final - 265-264?
Yeah, haha. You know what I meant. I didn't say first quarter. I would hope you could assume I meant the end of the 4th quarter.

Quote:
I'd say if the score was tied at 61-61 with a couple of minutes to go, you should be incredibly proud of your team and your coaching, and it is a great compliment to you that the opposition was worried enough about winning, that they are still pressing when you only have two players.
Not necessarily; there was about 30 seconds or so left.

Quote:
Taunting is always unsportsmanlike, but when you say taunting are you talking about specific acts? or just general playing hard, with some pass fakes, and maybe a quick slalom dribble?
Some of that, and passing the ball to each other the last 45 seconds or so, knowing that we couldn't cover everyone, sort of rubbing our noses in it. But they did it in a way that stripped the girls of their dignity, but it was legal.

Quote:
That said, If the game is tied and I'm the opposing coach, I'm going to do everything in my power to try to win. Of course I'll double and triple team. Yes, I'm going to have my team pass to an open girl so we can score.
Anybody who is willing to throw away their integrity to win a game shouldn't be involved in sports AT ALL.