View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 14, 2007, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Table Manners

My generic table sitch is one that usually occurs in about 1/2 my games. Home Team Mommys running the table.

Pre-game everybody likes Mike. Lots of smiles all around. Chatting Mike up. How bout that weather. Need anything we will take care of it.

The Home team losing by 5. A little cooling off but still some minor pleasantries.

The Home team down by 10. The fun and games are over. Just blind stares at me when I come over to check that everything adds up.

The Home team down by 20. Just piercing eyes looking at me like I am the worst person they have ever come in contact with. It always amuses me how the table withdraws its love from me when their team is losing.....

Had an ***'t coach try a fast one at the table last night. I'm lead. Foul on home team. basket counts. Shooting one. i report, visitors ask me to check the score. I check with home-scores good. I check with visitors scorer-scores good. I report to head coach both books agree. In the background Visitors ***'t coach is talking to Visitors scorer. i see her then write something in her book. then she starts waving her hands and yelling that score is wrong. I then tell home coach what transpired behind him as we were talking. Head coach then turns and starts barking at ***'t Coach. gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.....