View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 13, 2007, 08:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
I had a situation last night at my AA Girls First Round. The games was progressing at a good rate, we let them play and called what we needed to call. I noticed that when a foul was called on the home team, the bookkeeper would go nuts. Well to make a long story short, I called a travel on the home team and he starts beating the table with his fists. I stopped the game and went to him and told him that there will be no more of those kind of reaction to our calls or I would have him replaced. Needless to say, the next dead ball, he said he was sorry and it wont happen again. Has anybody else had such dealing and if so, how did you handle the situation?
This has happened to me 3 times. First time, several years ago, I did NOT know what to do. Had no clue! Talked to some vets about it and became clear on just what must be done the next time. That was 6 years ago. Fast-forward to last summer...in a varsity boys' summer league, a father was sitting at the bench keeping the book. He got into it with an opposing coach. I removed him right away. No more problems!

Last Thursday, this happened in the first quarter of my game. As I was hustling up from lead to report a foul on the home team, I stopped in my reporting area and see the timer shaking his head. I calmly walk up to him and tell that he is on my team tonight. If he didn't want to be impartial, I'd replace him immediately. I hesitately slightly and said, "Do you want to stay?" He said he did, so, I calmly walked back to the reporting area and said, "White...21.....here"...and we played on.