View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 16, 2002, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TXMATTHEW05
Okay, I want to hear your opinion on this -

Our girls have 6 players. The opposing team has appx. 15-18. The score is 61-61 at the end of the quarter. 4 of our girls have fouled out, leaving us with only 2 to play. The opposing coach plays ALL 5 of his girls on our 2, running up the score on us, and taunting us, forcing us to go all over the court to try and "get the ball." Mind you, we are a small school, so one girl out there can hit a 3 every once in a while, and the other one is fairly good; however, this is not a strong defence OR offense, no matter who you play. Every time the other team would score, they would press on us. One of our girls gets her 5th foul at 1:11 left on the clock. The coach walks off with a smirk on his face, and the whole crowd booing him and his team.

Was this not the most disgusting display of sporstmanship? Since I'll be officiating midget-mite (youth league) games next season, I've made this committment to myself - if I ever officiate a game like that, if the other team dares to BREATH on the other team, it's an automatic foul as far as I'm concerned. What's your opinion?