View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 13, 2007, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
When I first read this thread yesterday, I wasn't going to bother to respond, but after you continue to spew such nonsense I am compelled to reply.

So why you are watching these two players sprint down the court right in front of your partner on a play that you ARE NOT going to make a call on even if you think there is a foul? If you aren't going to help, then you shouldn't be looking there.

Also, who is watching the other eight players who are behind the play while you are ball-hawking your partners play? Someone could have punched someone or clocked an opponent with an elbow and you would have had no clue what happened.

You partner's explanation sounds pretty good to me. Perhaps that is why he is a six year veteran of varsity ball and you are ....???

It is solely your opinion that he missed the call. Do you call a foul everytime one player steps on another's foot?

Finally, I hate to break it to you, but incidental contact is NEVER a foul, and it doesn't matter from which direction it occurs--the front, the side, or the back. You need to spend more time reading the rules book, especially 4-27 "Incidental contact is contact with an opponent which is permitted and which does not constitute a foul," and less time criticizing your partner's calls.
Okay first of all, I have been doing Vboys for about 10 years, with some DIII mixed in. Second of all, I had a clear view of my area. The change of possesion was so quick that the only two players on the floor that knew the ball was going the other way was A1 and B1. Your comment about incidental comment is STUPID!! There is a big difference between INCIDENTAL and ACCIDENTAL contact. This is where YOU and MY PARTNER are wrong. Did B1 mean to step on the Back of A1 foot as A1 went up for the dunk!! NO!! So according to your response, this isn't a foul. My partner said that it was incidental contact, which is a total misapplication of the rules!! I hope that this clears things up for you. Anytime a player has an advantage (AI-break way)and the defender who trails him (B1) does anything to impede his action other than make a play on the ball, it has to be a foul. If two players are running up the floor w/out the basketball and you can determine that the back of the shoe was stepped on incidentally or accidentally then you may not have a foul, but put the defender behind the ball on a breakaway and you better have a call or be prepared to have several thousand pissed off people after you.