View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 12, 2007, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Exactly. While I am very careful in not putting the ball in play with 6 on the floor, once it happens, it's a T. Period. And the coaches never blame the officials, either -- only the officials blame other officials in this situation.

I will say I've blown it dead after a parter has handed the ball to a player since, well, I had my hand up and my partner chose to ignore me. I wasn't ready, therefore, my partner CAN'T make it live. My hand was up. Tweet.
Nice method. I count both teams every time they enter the court, no matter which position I am in. I'm not doing anything else anyway. But, as the non-administering official I would give my partner the thumbs-up. Some make eye contact, others just don't even look my way. I like the "hand up" method much better. It makes more sense.

I once was lead at the start of the quarter (2-man), right in front of the vistor's bench. I count the players and notice that V has six entering the game. My partner wasn't looking for my thumbs-up, so I start telling the coach "Count -em coach, Count-em coach....COUNT EM COACH!". Partner starts the throw-in and the quarter starts with 11 players on the court. I blow the whistle and issue the T. But I wasn't very happy about it.

I can see where your method would have prevented this from happening. Thanks.